Calling Salesforce.com REST and SOAP Endpoints from .NET Code

A couple months back, the folks at Salesforce.com reached out to me and asked if I’d be interested in helping them beef up their .NET-oriented content. Given that I barely say “no” to anything – and this sounded fun – I took them up on the offer. I ended up contributing three articles that covered: consuming Force.com web services, using Force.com with the Windows Azure Service Bus, and using Force.com with BizTalk Server 2013.  The first article is now on the DeveloperForce wiki and is entitled Consuming Force.com SOAP and REST Web Services from .NET Applications.

This article covers how to securely use the Enterprise API (strongly-typed, SOAP), Partner API (weakly-typed, SOAP), and REST API. It covers how to authenticate users of each API, and how to issue “query” and “create” commands against each. While I embedded a fair amount of code in the article, it’s always nice to see everything together in context. So, I’ve added my Visual Studio solution to GitHub so that anyone can browse and download the entire solution and quickly try out each scenario.

Feedback welcome!

About these ads


Categories: .NET, Cloud, Salesforce.com

1 reply

Trackbacks

  1. Scott Banwart's Blog › Distributed Weekly 205

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 247 other followers

%d bloggers like this: